Do I need a referral from my doctor to see a Podiatrist?
You will need a referral from your doctor if:
- You have complex medical conditions and your doctor recommends you be treated under n Enhanced Primary Care Program (EPC)
- You hold a DVA white or gold card and your appointment would be your first visit to a Podiatrist
- You are seeking treatment covered by Workers Compensation or MVA
Who pays for my treatment and what are the costs?
- If you have an EPC we charge $62.95 (standard) or $57.95 (concession) via the HiCAPS terminal with Medicare refunding $52.95 into your bank account. Medicare will not refund the $52.95 onto a credit card
- Insurance companies pay for prior approved treatment as a result of an accident or injury being claimed under Workers’ Compensation or MVA
- All other consultations are privately charged however we use the HiCAPS terminal to claim your rebate from your Health Fund, if you have cover for Podiatry, you pay the gap between the fee and the rebate
Do I need to make an appointment?
Definitely, both our Podiatrists have busy diaries however we do have a cancellation list and if another patient cancels with enough notice for us to contact a patient on the cancellation list we will contact them
What should I take to my appointment?
For general foot care you do not need to take anything
If you have pain on walking, especially if this is your first appointment, it would be appreciated if you brought any relevant scans or xrays, your usual footwear (work, social, sport) and previously issued orthoses
What should I look for when choosing a Podiatrist?
Are they a current member of the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA)?
Do they have a podiatry related qualification?
Are they a member of one of the podiatry associations?
Do they follow an approved infection control system when processing used instruments?
Do they use a system by which a set of instruments used on a patient can be tracked back to by whom and when the instruments were sterilised and record all sterilisation data in compliance with the Australian Infection Control Standards?
Do they use a HiCAPS terminal to claim rebates from Medicare and Health Funds at the time of the appointment?